Tuesday, May 14, 2013

So How Do You Create those graphics?


I am often asked during presentations, how did you create those great graphics?  Well, first I subscribed to Tom Kuhlman's blog over at Articulate: http://www.articulate.com/rapid-elearning/.Tom has tons of posts on how to create your own graphics, using existing graphics. I also like to take a ton of screenshots, this way I can show exactly what I want to my attendees to see on a specific social media platform, without worrying that the site might have changed, or without other distractions or worse, problems with the internet connection.  

But how do you get those screenshots?

There are two quick and easy ways to capture screenshots.





1.  Snipping Tool (Windows 7 only):

 *   Go to the Start Menu, Accessories, Snipping Tool.
 *   Once opened your screen will turn white and you can drag a red rectangle over the desired portion of the screen.
 *   In the window that pops up you can  save your Snip.

2.  Print Screen:

 *   With image you want on the screen hold down the Alt key and press the PrntScrn key. This key is located somewhere on the top right of your keyboard.
 *  Now you can save your picture.

I've got my pic, now what?

I've found that opening up my screenshot in PowerPoint and playing around with cropping the picture, adding shapes, like an arrow or circle or blurring out someone's face in the screenshot helps me to create graphics that show what I want my attendees 

No comments:

Post a Comment